It has been so long since I blogged, I think I forgot how. I have writer's blog-block.
Let me think of an excuse, quick.
Maybe a top-ten list:
10. Didn't feel like it.
9. I was writing. As opposed to what is happening here.
8. Plans for my next post way too big. I was intimidated.
7. My house was dirty (not posting didn't change anything there).
6. Too busy being thankful.
5. Working on a freaking novel in verse. You think I have extra brain-waves left over?
4. My kids hog the internet. They claim it's homework.
3. It snowed.
2. It rained.
1. Uh....I went for a run?
10 REALLY good reasons.
Actually, what I should be posting about are the good books I've read lately that I want you to read, too, but first I have to fly to Alabama and back to watch my daughter run a race.
Newsflash: I am not worried about this trip. I am over my travel anxiety/panic/freak-out tendencies.
I promise I'll be back soon. Unless my plane gets hijacked. Or I get lost between Montgomery and Birmingham. Or we crash and die. Or I never recover from motion-sickness. Or...never mind.
Imagination doesn't just mean making things up. It means thinking things through, solving [problems] or hoping to do so, and being just distant enough to be able to laugh at things that are normally painful. [Some people] would call this escapism, but they would be be entirely wrong. I would call fantasy the most serious, and the most useful branch of writing there is.
--Diana Wynne Jones
- ► 2016 (5)
- ► 2015 (5)
- ► 2014 (13)
- ► 2013 (14)
- ► 2012 (6)
- ► 2011 (35)
- ▼ 2010 (49)
- ► 2009 (38)