Imagination doesn't just mean making things up. It means thinking things through, solving [problems] or hoping to do so, and being just distant enough to be able to laugh at things that are normally painful. [Some people] would call this escapism, but they would be be entirely wrong. I would call fantasy the most serious, and the most useful branch of writing there is.
--Diana Wynne Jones

Friday, June 19, 2009

Urgh...

It's midnight and I'm writing a blog post. Does that tell you something about how much writing time I have when my kids are home in the summer? I miss 6-hour writing blocks. And not waiting up late on weekdays for teenagers to come home. Built-in writing time--too bad I'm too tired to appreciate it.

3 comments:

  1. I miss school-day writing time too! =[
    I've been doing lots of midnight writing also. The good thing is, you'll always know I'm around for a chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, L.T.! I'll send you a message next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also too tired to spell the word "too" right. Hmmm. I did learn that word in first grade. Yes, I can spell.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive