Skip to main content

February Redeemed

The last week of February ends tomorrow and I admit, in spite of the rest of it, the month has redeemed itself:

First, because the sun came out and there was light.

And because snow fell all day one day and stuck to the trees and they stood around like bright-white elegant sculptures in the fog while I took the dog for a walk on the mountain twice. It looked like this:







Magical.

 Also, because then the sun came out again and shone so hard and warmed up the air so much I went on a bike ride. I don't have a picture of that.

But,

all that brightness turned on something in my brain, and I rewrote the beginning of Hepzibah again - and decided I have my final beginning. I've said that before, but I believe this time it's true.

And then, because of "Bright Star," which I watched tonight, about the poet John Keats. It was stunning. I love his poetry, loved the movie. I cried.

And then I remembered that I got to hear Manachem Pressler play Chopin a few weeks ago. Oh. Sigh. Oh. I have no words. Time moves so slowly in February, I had forgotten that was still this month.

Also, I taught a lesson on the purpose of pain and decided February exists so we can feel the joy of spring.


February, adieu: redeemed upon thy deathbed.

Comments

  1. I feel this same way about February. Even my kids asked when it was going to be over. I'm glad it was redeemed. (And those pictures do a pretty good job of redeeming it.)

    You know, you're a poet in your own right, Elena (and not just because of the poetry book). Your words fill me with that same wonder and lovliness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah redemption! Thank you for the pictures. It isn't all bad after all, is it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment