Skip to main content

The Nano Book--Not All That Little


It's November--always auspicious, since it's my birth month--so I signed myself up for my first official NaNoWriMo, which all of you writers know is not a teeny-tiny poem; it's short for National Novel Writing Month, in which, technically, you're supposed to write a 50,000 word novel start to finish before month's end.


Here's the trouble: my novel is already 40,000 words fat, and that's probably only half-way to The End, but I need a push to finish, so if I write 50,000 new words this month and finish the second half of the novel I've been eking out for a year and a half, and then end up with a 90,000-word Beast, am I cheating?


Do I care?


Just need to finish this book.


And then spend the next two months after NaNo hacking and slashing (oh, the pain) down to a more appropriate word-count. Not quite a nano-sized task, but I'm geared up and ready! (Yes, that was an exclamation point. That's how geared up these fingers be). I've informed my family they won't be seeing me until December. I'll be in my cave with my laptop, and neither brain nor body are coming out for a month.

Maybe I'll shower. Maybe not.


Anybody else joining the insanity? See you in a month!

Comments

  1. nope. not joining you! but i still love to hear from you! sounds like you have a couple of exciting months ahead of you (i am not being sarcastic!) and i am glad that we will get to see you when we come for christmas since it looks like you may be among people again at that point! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment