But I read what I wanted. I'm pretty happy with my reading year.
|Books. Cocoa. Butter cookies. Yes.|
- Discovered some old classics I'd never gotten around to, like Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway.
- Enjoyed my friend Brodi Ashton's paranormal debut, Everneath, a creative retelling of the Persephone story.
- Found some new treasures, as some of my favorite Young-Adult/Middle-Grade authors kindly released new lovelies this year: Gary D. Schmidt, Jessica Day George, Rick Riordan, Patricia Wrede, Nancy Farmer.
- Did some more research for my current WIP, though some of that wasn't actual books. Learned a lot. Ate many persimmons, testing out some of what I learned. Just need to take that trip to Collinsville, Illinois, but that's on the schedule for April, because I found a new accountant who is helping me figure out taxes on a job that produces no money. Yet. Of course.
- Finally got around to the Eragon series, thanks to a month of lying around with pneumonia. Except I didn't get to that last book, which my son kept forgetting to bring from his house.
- Read aloud a lot with my kid.
- Rexamined my diet and running theories.
- And the time I spend just in thinking.
So, here's the list, in order from last read to first. Feel free to ask if you want my opinion about any of them. Happy to expound.