Skip to main content

I Thought of That While Riding My Bike, Again...

Albert Einstein on his Theory of Relativity: "I thought of that while riding my bicycle."


It happened again.

I didn't want to exercise because my head was in my book and I wanted to be writing, and...because I was feeling lazy.

But when I finally forced myself to get on the bike, 

and the canyon breeze was blowing through the hair on my legs (probably should have shaved), 

and the smell of maple was in my nose, 












something unjammed inside my head.

The mind-wheels got turning and the story fires got burning and suddenly I knew what to do with that one character in my book that had been stuck. 















I love my bicycle.



:)

Comments

  1. Yay for riding bikes, yay for fall , and yay for some good ideas! Really hope the writing goes well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a post full of happy and content. So glad your ride was so good for you--in so many ways. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the exact experience on my run. I went out for an hour, and had a brilliant idea. I spent 60 minutes thinking about it, and then went home and got it all down on paper.

    I'm a firm believer in getting out and doing something physical to get the mental abilities in tune.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah: Yes, I love fall! Hope you're getting some riding in.

    L.T.: Thanks for the hugs and good wishes. :) I miss you!

    Marion: Amen, bro. It's just making myself actually do it....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment